Friday, June 26, 2009

my awkward family story

"One day when I was about 14, my dad and I went to get our pictures taken for the church directory. We were called into a room and the photographer arranged us for the shot, my dad sitting on one stool and me sitting on another positioned between his legs. I thought this was a little awkward, but it was only a headshot and I assumed the photographer knew what he was doing. So we go in the next room to give them our information and the lady asks "So, I will list this as Mr. and Mrs. Butsch, correct?" to which I said, "Umm, no, gross. He's my dad." She then explained, "Oh, I'm sorry. It’s just that in your photo you’re positioned like our married couples." Grrrreat. A month later the church directory comes out and every other father & daughter shot has them sitting shoulder to shoulder, and then there's me . . . sitting between my dad's legs. Awkward."

- submitted to awkwardfamilyphotos.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...